Hi Beth,

Offering advise on diet is often like giving advice on one's
finances!! There's a lot of attachments, and preconceived ideas(both
true and true), hence often much resistance to make any changes. That
said,  I offer this out sincercerity in wishing to help you end the
suffering.

 I've known some people with Crohn's ...... some have healed .... some
have not.  The ones who could make a change to a predominately raw
food diet have healed, those that remained with the doctors and drugs
did not.  I have family members with this condition and refuse to make
any changes .... and they will likely live out their life suffering
needlessly.   Myself, though not diagnosed with a medical condition,
have had many digestion problems since the 1980's. I ate what I'd call
a healthy standard American diet.  Nothing really helped until I
recently tried a raw diet on a whim.  I thought .... I've got nothing
to lose.  But it's really helped. All my digestive issues are gone.
Please, don't let the term "raw" fool you, put you off or raise your
defenses, though it likely will. It did me too!  But, I stepped
through the fear..... I mean, what could be worse than what I was
living? !!

-Garth

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/crohns-disease
http://www.colitis-crohns.com/