Back at work now, and opened a card from a supplier that must like
bikes as much as I do. They donated to Unicef on my behalf, but the
donation was specifically for a bike to be used by health-care workers
to reach kids in remote communities. I checked the Unicef site, and it
seems they use donated bikes in various ways to advance health-care
and education around the world. Didn't know that.

I have no personal knowledge of programs like this, and no affiliation
with Unicef, but it was refreshing to see that some organizations are
using human power to lift humanity. Or, in other words:

"Give someone a ride and they will save a few steps. Teach someone to
ride and they will save a few lives."

I wonder if the Smile Train docs travel on two wheels?

Marty