Not too often does a 6'3" guy feel short, but it happens once in a
while.

RE crank length: for me, most of my bikes are 175s, but I've got a
couple with 170s and I don't notice a huge difference. I mean we're
only talking about 1/5 of an inch difference. I think I feel, and
sorta buy the cadence concept - maybe a little easier to spin the
170s, and more leverage with the 175s. I guess physics and physiology
dictate that. I'm going to try 180s on my current winter project, and
I'm looking forward to it. It's a mid-70s road bike built up with
vintage Campagnolo NR. I'm hoping the 180s will help in the mountains,
when I'm grunting with the 42-28 low. 180 was the preferred length for
Eddy (the Cannibal) Merckx in the mountain stages, so it's gotta be
worth a try.

Really cool bike - thanks for sharing.

Alex Moll
Marysville, WA