Car-free and car-light are two different things, and both
commendable!!!  I doubt I will ever be car-free, but every year I try
to drive less and less.  It's fun, saves money, gives me great
"parking", a little exercise, doesn't fund Islamic extremists.  All my
local errands are done on foot or bike.  Luckily I live in a place
where I can do that.

A GREAT tool to motivate yourself and others is the two-mile challenge
map:  http://www.2milechallenge.com/map/  Plug in an address and it
shows you everywhere within a two mile radius that cycling to should
be a real possibility.   Go ahead, and try it, your bosses won't mind
at all!