On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Jeremy Till <jeremy.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In fact, slick tires probably provide the most traction in wet
> conditions.  Jobst on the subject:
>
> http://sheldonbrown.com/brandt/slicks.html

I won't swear to the science behind this (though it makes sense to me)
but I will say that I've done a lot of riding on slicks (Avocets
mostly) in the Pacific Northwet and never had a problem due to the
tread or lack thereof.  This includes both singles and tandems.  I'm
actually looking for new light, flexible slicks in the 26x1.5 range
for both the tandem and the Mariposa.

-Ken