My understanding is that the olive is all cotton and the grid-grey is
a polyester/cotton blend, ratio unknown. Personally, I'd expect the
poly/cotton blend to be a little more durable but greatly prefer the
olive. And we're talking in terms several years of daily use versus
several years plus a few more of daily use. That is, I think both are
quite durable. I've had my olive SaddleSack medium out in the rain for
over an hour on several occasions amongst its hundred-plus days used;
it looks broken in... "weathered" even... but not "worn".

I too am a bag-matcher. There is no shame in this.

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean