If you use good technique, good patch and good glue, a patch's bond can be
stronger than the underlying tube. Be sure to scuff the tube thoroughly, let
the glue dry to touch (but don't touch it too much!) and press the patch on
firmly: I roll it with an old seatpost or, yes indeed, hammer it lightly
with something heavy and flat. I learned the last technique from bicycle
repair wallahs on the sidewalks of New Delhi as a little boy. I have, or
had, tubes with over 2 dozen patches that had been in use for a decade with
no problems.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Minh <mgiangs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great input everybody, it's always good to review the basics every now
> and then.  12 hours later and the wheel is still inflated so i think i
> got it this time.  the pinch and go slow method did work for me, you
> have to be patient as it goes on a little bit at a time but it does
> work!
>
> And i did patch the tube--which i'm hesitant to trust but i only use
> that bike for groceries/cruising so never too far away from home

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW at resumespecialt...@gmail.com