For not much money or effort you can rig up either a rack or a bracket
that pulls the bag back from the saddle and positions it in a more
upright, accessible fashion.  Whether sprung or un-sprung, tilting a
bag to an almost horizontal angle so it can be fixed to the seatpost
is asking for trouble.  Here are pics of two "fixes" I have done, both
costing less than $20:
http://tinyurl.com/4w3cuyq
http://tinyurl.com/4rabaa4

doc