Congratulations for seeing it through (he said, enviously); it sounds like
the recuperation regimen will be a very pleasant one: book (and beer), then
movie with someone you love. I'll watch a movie with my daughter tonight.
(But not Miley Sirus or whoeverthehellsheis.)

Patrick "need to recuperate after 30 miles" Moore in blustery ABQ, NM

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Mike <mjawn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really tapered off riding after Oct and have pretty much refused to
> ride in the rain if I could avoid it so my base miles are off. Last
> weekend I crammed by riding my Quickbeam last week. I did a 30 mile
> flat ride Sat, 30 mile mixed terrain ride on Sun and then a 100k,
> mainly flat, ride out to the gorge on Mon. I think it just kind of
> left me tired more than anything else.
>
> Also, this was my fourth time doing the Birkie and my umpteenth time
> doing a variation of this ride so I think I was a little bored. I'm
> still planning on improving my times for the 400k and 600k this year
> which could happen.
>
> For the last 30 miles of the ride my friend Joshua and I kept talking
> about how next year will be the year for touring and camping. We kept
> making jokes about how if we were touring we could just stop and pitch
> camp off the side of the road. I do think I may take a break from
> randonneuring next year or ride some different events. But then again,
> I think the Cascade 1200k may be happening next year and I've always
> wanted to do that so who knows.
>
> For the moment, I'll enjoy some afternoon coffee, a book (You Are Not
> A Gadget), and a movie later today with my wife.
>
> --mike

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact