>From what I understand it uses sealed bearings. I don't worry that it
has 5 mm (2.5 mm per side not much more than the width of a spoke)
narrower flange to flange width either. The VO is 45mm flange to
flange with a 82 mm diameter measurement. The "clutch switch" is the
switch so you don't need a redundant switched light unless you want
one. Output is at 6 Volts / 3 watts just like all other common
dynamos. I don't know about the voltage regulator stuff but I do know
I can use any decent LED light front and rear and have no problems and
enough light to really see with. For the $120 it cost me I believe it
to be well worth it. I don't think the resistance is any worse than
the current Shimano designs and they are nil with the Schmidt being
even more nil. I think if you plan to ride with lights all the time
the Son Deluxe might be the better hub. You just have to decide how
much you want to spend and whether you will always ride with lights on
or not.