'Look' (yuck yuck) into the Ritchey WCS Echelon Road pedals. I have a
pair and have been quite happy with them. They are compatible with
standard Look Keo cleats, but are lighter than most Look brand pedals
(and all the Shimano pedals), yet are made out of aluminum and have
pretty decent bearings. I have them on my road racing bike, but I
wouldn't hesitate to take them touring (along with spare cleats of
course), they seem that durable.

Travis