There's a photo of a bike with top mounted thumbies and interrupters
on the Riv custom frames page

http://www.rivbike.com/products/show/custom-framesets/50-990

There's no handlebar bag, but you can clearly see all the cables are
behind the vertical backstop of the front rack, which is where your
decaleur will need to reach to anyway.  So it looks like it will work
nicely.