Rene,

thanks for that. Very cool. Something worth mentioning is that the
total weight should (I assume) include the bike as well, in case that
isn't clear from the "rider and all gear" description.

Using this calculator with 40mm tires I indeed end up with numbers
(34/43 psi fr/rear) about 10 psi higher than what I run off-road (for
more traction), and about 5 psi higher than what I use on-road (30/35
psi fr/rear). However, the values it gives me for 33mm tires (Jack
Brown Greens) are much higher than what I run: 48/61 psi versus the
35/40 to 40/45 psi I usually use.

Cheers,

Gernot