Give us a report of how you like it after you've put a couple of hundred
miles on it. I go back and forth with one of these: with loads, hills and
winds all against me I tell myself I'll get something to gear me down, but
then I meditate on sullying the purety of a fixed gear ...

I asked Phil once if they would make me a fixed hub that would accept 3
cogs, to give, say, 80", 70" and 60" gears, more or less. They will do that
but the price quoted me some 5 years ago was $400. But a QR rear wheel with
two or three cogs on the same side would be interesting, if expensive.

The Surley Dingle is nice, but you are limited to 17 and 20 or 21.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Philip Williamson <
philip.william...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some pictures in the Flickr Quickbeam group:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/philipwilliamson/5557708893/in/pool-387055@N20/
> and on my blog:
> http://www.biketinker.com/2011/projects/s3x-quickbeam-on-the-road/
>
> Seatstay mounted shifter, red hub.
> 42x15 top gear, using a singlespeed cassette cog gives 47.5 - 57 - 76
> gear inches. It looks like you can use a thread-on fixed cog if you
> replace the provided lockring with a much thinner BB lockring.
>
>  Philip
>
>  Philip Williamson
> www.biketinker.com

Patrick Moore