Manny, how do you plan to get from Mill Valley to Half Moon Bay?  If you're
planning Highway 1 (Devil's Slide), hmm, might want to think again. You'd be
doing it at rush hour (which starts around 3:30) on a Monday. A friend and
I, both experienced bike tourists, did Devils Slide at rush hour. We thought
we were going to die. I can't recommend it for anyone, certainly not for
newbies. Highway 92 is also quite bad at that time of day on the coast side.

Are you planning to take Guadalupe/Highway 237 Bike Path/Bay Trail? I did an
overnight last week using those trails-- it's amazing you can go through
such an urban area almost entirely on trails. I recommend it.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 7:42 PM, manueljohnacosta <
manueljohnaco...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Taking my Venturing Crew on their first bike tour!
> The general route. Planning to camp  Having done this tour before I'm
> excited to share this experience with my students.
> Any suggestions on stops for places to eat or see?
>
> General route
> Day One (4/24)
> Begins: San Jose
> Ends: Hawk Camp, 591 Tennessee Valley Rd, Mill Valley, Ca 94941
> Day Two (4/25)
> Begins: Hawk Camp, 591 Tennessee Valley Rd, Mill Valley, Ca 94941
> Ends: Half Moon Bay State Beach, 95 Kelly Ave, Half Moon Bay, CA
> Day Three (4/26)
> Begins: Half Moon Bay State Beach, 95 Kelly Ave, Half Moon Bay, CA
> Ends: San Jose
>
> -Manny

-- Anne Paulson

My hovercraft is full of eels