Hi all:

I am thinking of purchasing a new Rivendell for the wider tires tires
(currently ride a "Creamsicle" Rambouillet (size 54 cm)).  When I try
to pull up my sticks that hold the tape measure, my fine assistant
gets values of around 75 to 76 cm.  However, I can stand over my
Rambouillet as outfitted and still bend slightly at the knees (still
in stocking feet spread 10 inches apart), and the height of the top
tube from the floor is approximately 80 cm, therefore I know my PBH is
at least 80 cm, and probably slightly higher as I can still bend my
knees when straddling the top tube.  (I am 5 foot 6 inches tall, and a
PBH of 80 cm is consistent with Rivendell literature.)

In the grand scheme of things, a very minor problem to have, but it
does make me wonder why I cannot seem to pull up on my paint sticks to
get a more accurate measurement.

Jay
Demarest, NJ