A while after looking at some Flickr pics of an AHH frame posted here for sale,
a little light in my head went on. Another poster had commented on the nice
dropouts this Waterford built frame featured, but what caught my subliminal
notice was the tube dimpling that was done to provide clearance. It is
different from the Toyo built Saluki and Ram I ride, both of which have a
change of cross section at the "bend" points, wider "hips" if you will, which
decreases the through thickness of the tubes and allows space needed. I prefer
the shaped Toyo look to the Waterford style. The Waterford rear dropouts though
are very nice. My friend Joe has them also on his Waterford built Hillborne.

Tailwinds

Bruce