Yes, a saddle should feel good for a long time.  My Berthoud pokes my
sit bones after awhile.  My old B17 was comfortable all day and into
the night.  I returned it under warranty when it became quite
lopsided.  I then purchased a Berthoud.  It's a really nice saddle and
I think I may keep trying.  I have another B17 I might use for this
weekend's 300k.

Best wishes

Chistian