I just read the RR article about proper quick release usage.  It's
unfortunate to see that Grant was dragged into a lawsuit over an improperly
installed wheel -- I really hope that he prevails!  While I understand the
need for some sort of retention device on low end bikes (**), it seems silly
to put them on high end bikes.

This got me to thinking... I didn't look closely at the fork dropouts on the
bikes when I was test riding:  Will I find lawyer lips on my Waterford built
AHH that's due to arrive in the new few weeks?

Looking on Flickr I found some pictures that seem to indicate that I
won't...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boxdogbikes/5061605656/

I surely hope not, though I'd understand if it were to happen.

(**) A few months ago, while driving, I saw a teenage boy riding a
department store bike with a floppy QR skewer on the sidewalk.  I pulled off
into a parking lot and intercepted the rider to fix it for him, worried that
he'd go off a curb and lose the front wheel.  I asked him if he knew how it
worked, and he had no clue.