The only thing I can think of that would make me hate 'em is where I
would be racking and unracking the bike from a roof-top mount on my
car, where the front wheel needed to be removed twice for each ride. I
did a lot of that a few years ago, and I can honestly say I would have
filed 'em off had they been there on the bike I had at the time. Now
that I'm in a place where that's not an issue, and the roof-top rack
if have is the stand-up type, no issue with LLs. It's mildly annoying
when I go to take off a wheel and remember that I have to unscrew the
QR a few turns to get it off, but it always reminds me to slow down.
Slowing down is not a bad thing in my book. In fact, I'd be OK with
bolt-on hubs, like the ones I have on my old Stumpjumper, or the
Bullseyes I had on my old Trek 850. In the former case, I get to use
my Campy peanut butter wrench, which is very satisfying.

Marty