It would be very cool.  I'm in.

-----Original Message-----
From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Montclair BobbyB
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 1:25 PM
To: RBW Owners Bunch
Subject: [RBW] Re: Riv Rally East Pics!!!

Robert:

Yes, we all agreed we need to push it a little later.  I'm conscious of
potential conflicts with graduations and other events later in May/ June, but I
do agree that we should never try to compete with Mother's Day (even though my
mom and my wife/mother of my children claim to have forgiven me for my apparent
mistake).

In fact we're already talking about Riv Rally 2012.  One idea (still in the
early stages) would be to do a 2-day point-to-point light touring ride along a
section of the Great Allegheny Passage trail, where we would travel by
train/bike to the starting point. (Amtrak has apparently announced plans to
offer roll-on/roll-off service between Washington DC and Pittsburgh beginning
this summer!!!)

How cool would that be???!!!!

Peace,
BB

On May 9, 6:57 am, robert zeidler <zeidler.rob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe next year, a little later on the calendar and not conflicting
> w/, say Mothers Day?
>
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Montclair BobbyB
>

> <montclairbob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Today we wrapped up the first Riv Rally East with another
> > spectacular ride.  After yesterday's brief brush with heavy weather,
> > we were prepared for more of the same today.  Much to our delight we
> > were greeted by the most magnificent weather...Sunny, cloudless blue
> > skies, and cool.  We sampled a few of the awesome dirt roads that
> > traverse the hills around Wellsboro.  Wow, these roads were
> > beautiful; perfect for a Riv ride...long gradual climbs, deep woods,
> > flowing streams, beautiful vistas, screaming descents... it had it all.
>
> > Thanks to all who made the long drive out to Wellsboro from distant
> > locations:
>
> > Bruce Oppenheim and Rick Porter (Cleveland, OH) Steve Palincsar
> > (Alexandria, VA) John Philip (Syracuse, NY) Andy Philip (Washington,
> > DC) Norm Rosenblum (Upper Montclair, NJ) (I drove from Belle Mead,
> > NJ)
>
> > And SPECIAL THANKS to Wellsboro native Bill Yacovissi, for sharing
> > his love of riding along these beautiful roads in this special
> > region with a bunch of complete strangers... Thanks, Bill !!!
>
> > (More photos to come - in the mean time Andy Philip posted a few
> > nice ones... Thanks, Andy!! -http://tinyurl.com/3c2b8ly)
>
> > Peace,
> > BB
>
> > On May 7, 10:43 pm, Montclair BobbyB <montclairbob...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Today Riv Rally East kicked off with a stellar ride through the
> >> beautiful Pine Creek Gorge in North Central Pennsylvania.  Our
> >> group numbered 8, with folks coming from as far away as Cleveland
> >> and Washington DC.
>
> >> The weather started out perfect, and remained so for the first half
> >> of the ride.   But eventually the clouds rolled in and we got our
> >> first 10-minute rain shower, followed by more gorgeous weather.
> >> Then the BIG clouds rolled in, and we got a nice dousing of heavy
> >> rain, wind and lightning... NOW WE HAD OURSELVES A RIDE!!!
>
> >> The rain only lasted 30 minutes or so, but we were compelled to
> >> seek shelter after getting soaked for only 10 minutes.  Then the
> >> weather turned gorgeous once again... such is spring in the wilds
> >> of Central PA.
>
> >> It was a beautiful ride through some beautiful country... Our group
> >> enjoyed today's ride; tomorrow we'll choose a slightly shorter route.
> >> By all accounts, Riv Rally East has been a success so far... There
> >> is definite interest in a Riv Rally 2012.
>
> >> Here are a few pics...http://tinyurl.com/66re7ty
>
> >> Peace,
> >> BB
>
> > --
> > quoted text -

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we advise you that,
unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this
message was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the
purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code
or applicable state or local tax law provisions or (ii) promoting, marketing or
recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

This email (and any attachments thereto) is intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
email (and any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
email in error please immediately notify me at (212) 735-3000 and permanently
delete the original email (and any copy of any email) and any printout thereof.

Further information about the firm, a list of the Partners and their
professional qualifications will be provided upon request.