LA east to west is very rideable, although I've only done it for pleasure.
Commuters might say otherwise.  Bicycle Fixation is a good site for some
insider LA info:  http://www.living-room.org/  It's proprietor, Richard
Risemerg, is a wealth of knowledge.

I hope you have an excellent stay, maybe we'll even have a SoCal riders
event one of these days you can go to (hint, hint people)!

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM, andrew hill <neurod...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yup, totally rideable.  It will be faster than driving, during rush hours
> too (especially in the afternoons).
>
> The exact route will take some care - you can take the "direct" route most
> of the time just fine, but a couple nice side-streets from that route will
> mean less traffic.  Check out Romaine, Willoughby, etc and figure out which
> has lights at the big cross streets.
>
> The only dangerous bit of BH is Sunset Blvd, and that's the more western
> bit of BH towards UCLA.
>
> Best,
> Andrew
>
> On May 10, 2011, at 7:21 PM, Bridgestone wrote:
>
> > I just got a job that will move me from NYC to LA this Sunday. Could
> > be temporary, could be permanent. I'll be staying in Beverly Hills
> > with my mother-in-law. The gig is 15 miles away on Hollwood Blvd. and
> > Cahuenga. Is that rideable without killing myself?
> >
> > --

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS