...who said he thought my bike was worth tons of dough because Joe
Starck built it. I have no doubt about that; Joe *is* legendary, and
the bike is beyond great, but I want to sell the machine to someone
who will use it.

With that in mind, I revised the price to $3250 for a cash-on-the-
barrel-head local buyer, or $3500 (includes shipping and PayPal fees)
for an out-of-towner.

Questions, reply here offline, and I will answer.

Thanks for looking.

John

Here's my post from last week, with a link to pictures and more info:

======

Dear Forum Friends,

The time has come to sell my Rivendell custom. I thought I would start
here, before branching out to a wider audience (read: eBay).

I haven't ridden it much in the 10 years I've had it. I'm not a racer,
and prefer to get around on my Saluki commuter and my Atlantis. I am
the original owner.

The bike is fast, light, and handles great.

The frame was built by the legendary Joe Starck, and painted by the
equally legendary Joe Bell in 2001.

The frame size is 63.5cm, center-to-top, with a stand-over of 87cm.

The top tube is 58cm, measured center-to-center. The chain stays are
44.5cm.

There are some pictures, and additional specs, here on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63176651@N08/

The bike is clean, well-cared for, and barely ridden. It has spent the
last several years living in my office at Rivendell. I've never used
an odometer, so I can't tell you just how many miles it *doesn't* have
on it, but it isn't many.

Email me with any questions, or if you need more photos.

Cheers,

John Bennett