The shellac covered cloth is not nearly as comfy as the diamond weaved
leather bar wrap.  That was pretty thick leather and basically a
double layer.  Although since I've owned this frame my bars are not
nearly as low as my previous bike so there is less weight on my
hands.  I find it just fine.  I'm sure some people would not like the
bumps caused by the style of the wrap.