fwiw, if you do decide powder coating is the way to go, there is a
really great coater across the street from my house of the morgan L
stop.  Avant Guards.  They are pricey but for all my jobs where the
coating needs to be nice, i use them.  Patson (sp?) on meadow street
is super cheap but pretty down and dirty.  For both those places you
need to strip your paint, i think the painter in jersey will do that
for you.
jamison