Here is the spiel from Larry on this bike for those of you interested

> If not, this its a rare riv mady in wisconsin by Waterford
> most were Japan and Taiwan.

Because we are willing and able to swap components to accommodate special
needs and even lower levels of investment, pricing is flexible

> If the decision is price based, figure we can get it out for as little as
> $2700
> as it is now, it's a $4200 bike and listed at $3700.

If you can appreciate a great opportunity and are a little impulsive, we are
closing in on the end of the first half of 2011 and the end of a fiscal year
and whatever we can show as sold is a help according to the accountants.
Get us just a small deposit by then and we'll pass on a $250 subsidy
Pay for it by then and we'll double it to $500
there's a very small cosmetic dimple (no paint loss) and we will try to post
a photo on the listing.the depth is about ma mm and the area about 2mmx6mm
overall
We have other Rivendells for less and similar 26" bikes like this (both US
and import) for a fraction of the price in case you are more interested in a
rider than a collectible rider.
One thing on which many of our aficionados agree:
if you are planning to ride and enjoy such a gem for the years, even
decades, it will serve you, the difference between the 'get by' bike and the
'wanna have' is usually as little as pennies a week.
and the nicer bikes work better, longer, and hold value and even appreciate
in value better.