Imperfection in paint and pin striping holds a lot of charm.  One of
my favorite bikes is a later model Jack Taylor.  The lug lining was
done (by hand, of course) by Norman Taylor.  Michael Lawrence located
the frame (NOS, hanging in Norman's old barn) for me, and before he
shipped it to me he warned that the lug lining was pretty quavery...
and it is.  Head tube lining includes a smear across the front of the
head tube.  I love it, 'cuz it was done by Norman.  I would not want
it any other way.

Another favorite is a Bob Jackson.  Here's the link to the Cyclofiend
pictures - - look at the third picture down, the nicely imperfect pin
striping.

http://cyclofiend.com/cc/2009/cc719-maxbeach1109.html

R.L.