I discovered interrupters in 1999 when I set up a cross bike for myself.  It
was kind of an epiphany for me.  I started setting them up on every bike of
mine.  They just made sense to me.  The reverse epiphany happened last
summer at Riv HQ.  I was test riding a Hunqapillar with Noodles and SRAM 500
levers without interrupters.  The action on those levers was so pure and
clean, I knew I wanted to reproduce it.  I put those SRAM lever on my
Bombadil when I set up a drop bar cockpit, and it's awesome.  I then removed
the interrupters on my go-fast, and radically improved the feel of the
brakelevers.  So for me there was a trade-off.  Interrupters were light,
cheap, and made sense, but no interrupters is light-er and cheap-er, and my
drop bar levers feel a lot better.