On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 15:36 -0700, Scotty wrote:
> I am probably going to leave it in the box until tomorrow after work
> since it is still not here and I have to be at work at 3AM. If I start
> on it tonight I wont stop until its exactly how I want it. That just
> wont do. I was hoping to get my first ride in today but that
> definitely wont happen. Oh well. At least the wait is almost over.

Building up a bike in a hurry in the dead of night when you are tired is
a seriously bad idea.

When I brought our first tandem back from JFK, getting home to Beacon NY
well after midnight, I simply couldn't wait to unpack the bike and
reassemble it.

I learned a few weeks later, riding on a bike trail on Martha's Vineyard
when one of the pedals started wobbling from side to side, in my
desperate hurry to see the bike assembled I had cross-threaded it.  What
joy!  Good thing it was French.  The nearest bike shop was able to
re-thread that crank arm to English, and I was able to purchase a pedal
that worked.