The craigslist "antique" one.....here's the latest, kind of
interesting-----

One of our customers contacted the guy, had planned to buy the bike
for as little as possible. Expected to meet him on the street down by
the corner near the liquor store, but one surprise after another, and
all good:

-- the guy met him at his (the guy's, the seller's) place-o-bizness
-- guy seemed normal, nice, forthcoming, not shyster-like or the least
bit shady
-- seller took the bike with some other stuff as payment for work
performed...when the woman couldn't pay. He said she was crying when
she dropped off bike etc.

We have the serial number and some particulars. The bike was bought
from us (not from one of our five dealers), and we'll try to track it
down. I think we'll be able to.

The repurchase price was $600.

If we can track down the original buyer, the rebuyer---who is, like,
the nicest kindest guy you'll ever meet---has offfered to take the
loss and return the bike, but of course we won't let that happen. If
he's able to return the bike, we'll cover him for it and toss in a bit-
o-reward in the deal, and then the woman gets her B back.

If we can't make that happen---for whatever reason -- then he'll keep
the bike.

If after that, the original owner comes forth, we'll work out some
happy thing for her.

On a side note, I contacted WDC police. told them we might have a
thief (turns out we didn't...unless he's supercon guy)-- and they
said, "We don't do that. Contact the FBI." Whoa.

May have an update, not sure. later.

Grant