Checking in from the high sierra.

This is a ride where you get the freedom to choose how to get up there. If
some want to take roads, others want to take dirt, great. Juniper is just
shy of 3000 feet. I tend to ride up on the roads, and take dirt back down
from around the junction. Just because I like to get there before too late
in the day, and enjoy climbing on smooth pavement.

The dirt trail to Juniper Camp, if you're talking about burma road, is
entirely a pushing up the hill affair--I did it once and won't again. Too
steep to be much more than a good workout and opportunity to mumble to
oneself.

It'll be hot, and if we're lucky there'll be tarantulas out. They're nice
fellows, so you won't need a tent so long as you've got a warm enough bag.

Maybe we should just meet at RBW, seeing as this is the RBW list. I'm fine
with that one too, and I imagine there'll be a few last minute things
folks'll want to pick up.

Cheers,

erik

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Greg J <gregkj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Count me in (tentative).  I've been wanting to dip my toes into the whole
> s24o thing.
>
> Greg
> Oakland

> For more options, visit this group at