Isn't this the proper pronunciation?
I finally finished the SimpleOne build a few days ago after having the
frameset sit in the repair stand for two weeks.  It's set up with the 40/32
chainring crankset up front and a W.I. 16t freewheel in back.  I think the
16t is about as low as one could go since the hub is right at the end of the
dropouts when in the 32t ring and all the way at the other side of the
dropout when in the 40t chainring.  I wasn't prepared for such an extreme
variation in the wheelbase, but it seems to make sense.  I have ridden this
bike quite a lot the last 3 days and am planning on a a couple of hours this
morning before I go to work this afternoon.  It's been so excellent, and
super comfortable and quick and zippy.  It's a very different feel from my
Hillborne which is also very comfortable, but not quick, at least we me
pedaling.  The SimpleOne seems to create its own momentum.  On my next day
off, I'm planning on installing a 22 freewheel on the other side and heading
out of the city to the palisades to do some scenic climbing in three
dedicated speeds.
Oh, one interesting note about the build.  I purchased a beautiful wheelset
from Anthony and Longleaf.  The wheels are built with 32 hole Paul high
flange hubs on Synergy rims.  Paul has some funny chainline values for this
rear hub....44mm for the fixed side and 47mm for the freewheel side.  I
inserted 2 bottom bracket spacers between the BB shell and the crankset and
that puts my 40t chainring right at 47mm for the 16t freewheel.  It's a near
perfect chainline for the gear I'm using most of the time.  When I'm in the
32t chainring, I do notice the chain running a little slanted.  With the 22
freewheel on the fixed side, the 2mm difference should correct that as I
will only ride that freewheel in the smaller chainring up front.
I'll report more on the bike handling and share some photos in the next
couple of days.
for now, here's an iPhone photo

*http://tinyurl.com/4xsahdd*
Build is as follows:
58cm Simpleone frameset
Paul high flange hubs, 32 hole
Velocity Synergy Rims
Jack Brown Greens
White Industries 16t freewheel
"quickbeam" crankset on 107 Tange BB with spacers
Bruce Gordon brakes
9cm Technomic Deluxe
46cm Noodles
Tiagra brake levers