I won't call you crazy. Anyone willing to take on a wonderful and awful 2CV
is eccentric not crazy, and is a Romantic. Part of the Rivendell life. A
fine custom bike that isn't ridden is a tragedy, and if the frame works in a
trike conversion, I say it should be made ridden. It would be even more
unique than a custom, if it works, and that is better than hanging on a
wall. But, my impression is that Joe Starck has made some wonderful bikes,
and that he has suffered from mental illness, and can't/doesn't want to make
frames anymore, which isn't all that lucrative anyway. So, I won't call you
crazy. Just unique!

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM, PATRICK MOORE <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat I bought a Workman folding utility trike to use as a grocery
> runabout; I've always hankered after a British racing trike, and this
> was a cheap ($200) way to get some of the fun, combine it with
> outstanding short distance carrying utility (3-paper-sack rear backet)
> and try out tricycling. I need to raise the gear to 60 or 65" from the
> current 40" (have a bb converter for the OPC bb from Harris on order),
> and I figured this was as close as I'd get to a racing trike for a
> long while. I've been riding it and having great fun.
>
> But this morning I talked to Dave Porter about my Herse (generator
> modifications) and Citroen (restoration) and he told me he could
> convert a bicycle frame to a right hand drive trike. Now I've got a
> wonderful, 1999 Joe Starck 650C fixed gofast hanging on the wall not
> being ridden much (the newer but very similar Riv, now with the Kojaks
> and with racks and, soon, Civia flat alum fenders gets much more use).
> I've put not quite 11K miles on the '99 since it was delivered in
> April, 1999.
>
> So: I am seriously thinking of having Dave do a top quality trike
> conversion job with the '99. It will be a fixed gear or ss for
> simplicity and because I enjoy that sort of riding, and will have
> provision for an easy on/off bag platform or basket. I'd use a front
> fender. I'd also use what I can of the very nice 650c wheels, since I
> have an extra 571 Sun rim or two.
>
> What do y'all think? Eccentricity, or a descent into madness?
>
> --
> Patrick Moore
> Albuquerque, NM
> For professional resumes, contact
> Patrick Moore, ACRW
> patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com
>
> A billion stars go spinning through the night
> Blazing high above your head;
> But in you is the Presence that will be
> When all the stars are dead.
> (Rilke, Buddha in Glory)