I've thought of that and would say "no" unless your fender has a
second pair of struts supporting the forward end or unless it is
secured to the underside of a rack; and even in those cases, only with
metal fenders. I've seen very light, old lamps that an unsupported
metal fender might support long term without damage, but the Edeluxe
is quite a bit heavier than these, as are also the Cyos and the Fly.

Note that I have in mind Berthoud ss fenders as well as Honjo and VO
aluminum ones.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Khalid Mateen <krm2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you think it is safe to mount a Edelux on a front fender for a touring
> bicycle?  Assuming that is a metal fender and not plastic.  Sorry to high
> jack this post but it is question that I have been asking myself.
>

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Kelly Sleeper <tkslee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I warn that I am biased ... the dyno's have spoiled me and between the
>> SON28 and the Edelux I have found bliss.  I've had  high powered battery
>> lights and no matter how great and bright they may be I had to remember to
>> charge them.  To get the battery to do something.. like get them out of the
>> bag and mount them when it got dark.  (never bothered to permanently mount
>> any of my battery powered lights)  Then came the Edelux on my AHH followed
>> by the E3 Triple on the Bombadil.  I sold the E3 triple on the Bombadil
>> because I liked the light pattern of the Edulux better and missed the
>> sensor.  A light that just was on was beyond just nice it was liberating.
>> I know have three of them and contemplating putting one on my recently
>> acquired Quickbeam.  The second ride out on the QB I was in a parking lot
>> eating pizza and had to leave because it was getting dark.. I thought right
>> or wrong on the way home.. this bike is useless without a good light.
>> Spoiled yes.. I have a minewt or two in the garage and can't find the
>> charging cable (though I know it's here)
>> I'm two lazy and unorganized for battery ... I don't want to go turn on
>> the light or remember to turn it off again.
>> OOPs.. i ranted yet again.. sorry.. :) (ok sorry may be a stretch)
>> Kelly
>>
>> --

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM