From: Seth Vidal <skvi...@gmail.com>
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:41 PM
Subject: [RBW] parts made in places where worker conditions are fairly
reasonable

I've been specing out a potential bicycle build and I'm trying to see
what parts I can get from places which have pretty reasonable working
conditions and rights of workers - especially something resembling a
living wage, etc.

So I am thinking places like the US, Germany, Switzerland, Japan,
Australia, NZ, the UK, Canada, portions of taiwan, etc.  (RE: Taiwan
and Japan, I'm working on the basis that given Rivendell's level of
precision in their corporate behavior that they would  would not do
business with folks if they thought the workers building their bikes
were being exploited or treated badly)

I'm trying to nail down manufacturing locations for a number of products.

Some of them are easy - they list them on the site directly.

But - can anyone tell me where DT-swiss rims (for example) are made?

How about the manufacturer of any of the Grand Bois non-tire parts?

How about cassette manufacturers? Is it pretty much shimano, sram and sunrace?

Deraillers? Is it the same as the above?

I was hoping someone else has already been through this little game
and had suggestions for me.

Thanks,
-sv