Hey Peter, folks have shared a lot of great insight and experience on
this thread. I'll just be redundant and say, call up the folks at Riv,
talk to them and trust them. I own two Rivs, a Quickbeam I picked up
used and a Hilsen I've had for 3 years. I used to have a Rambouillet
but just didn't need it with the Hilsen and it was just a tad small.
Given your stated plans for the bike I say go with an Atlantis. I
purchased an LHT for touring earlier this year and just love it. LOVE
IT! Can't say enough good things about it. Given my experiences with
the various Rivs and my LHT, I say go for an Atlantis. I don't see how
you could go wrong.

--mike