Good point, Jeremy. The notion that there are "good countries" (e.g.,
Republic of China) and "bad countries" (e.g., People's Republic of China) is
rather simplistic. There are plenty of exploited workers in every country,
including the US. Buying (or trying to buy) from specific manufacturers that
observe good practices is a sounder strategy, IMO. I don't know if the folks
at Riv personally visit every one of their suppliers, but it is clear they
care about people, and not just profit, and that is one reason why I feel
good about giving them my business.

David G, Madison WI (where the governor seems to be on a mission to weaken
worker's rights)