I have been lurking a while as I wait for my AHH frame to arrive (RIV
content) - I have lots of questions about the build but thought I'd
comment on the Flyer question. I originally got the VO Model 5 saddle
for my Trek 880 (a resurrected hybrid) and used it successfully for
some loaded touring and longer day rides. I did find that the string
that holds the sides together would stretch and in some cases break
allowing the saddle to sag somewhat. Dealing with this issue, I still
felt that the springs gave a comfortable ride. I now have a Flyer on
my Rocky Mountain Sherpa touring bike and have found it to be even
more comfortable - I have used it on numerous day rides, a couple
loaded overnights, a couple 200km brevets and 1/2 of this year's Cycle
Oregon (the 1/2 is another story) - all told probably about 2500-3000
miles. I really don't notice the springs unless I am riding on root
strewn trails or when an unexpected pothole pops up. Then it is great
because of the shock absorbing nature of the springs. The only other
time I might notice the springs is when I am in the wrong gear and
spinning madly like a hamster and bouncing up & down on the saddle.
Cannot blame the saddle for that though. I love the firm leather and
did not really experience any breakin-period though I did give it the
proofride  treatment top and bottom initially.
However, I am looking to experiment with a B17 on the AHH when it
arrives.

FWIW
Dennis (hoping for good news from RIV soon) Hogan