I bought a Northface Tadpole 23 about 19 years ago, and still use it.  I've
been happy with it.  I was down at the Northface Outlet, and saw a brand new
one on the cheap, and they had the footprint onhand, so I bought another.
It's a good tent, and you can get it for under $200.  That's my S24O tent.
It was cozy when it was me and BOTH my kids inside.  When my wife and both
kids came along on an S24O I slept outside in a bivy sac and let the three
of them snuggle in the tent.  It's roomy for two adults.

http://www.campmor.com/north-face-tadpole-23-tent.shtml?source=CI&ci_sku=28574GRE&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

All that said, I'm really tempted by the incredible light weight offerings
from Big Agnes.  Whenever I get a 20% off coupon from REI I think about
pulling the trigger on a solo tent that weighs under two pounds.