I love the idea of alternative bars and having variety...however...

I must have missed the *reasoning* for keeping them hush hush while offering
hints, but making mention of not mentioning them at the risk of financial
penalty to the customers they're being marketed to. If they are as odd but
cool if you give them a chance as splats, then there would seem to be little
worry that the design would be stolen and knocked off before finalized. In
fact I would think the opposite. Rivendell products are the type that
seemingly are not appreciated by the non-Rivendell knowledgeable till much
later. They pioneer and keep alive the products no one else will support.
Friction/barend/DT shifters. Silver (colored and named) componentry. Lugged
steel. Etc...

Maybe the mention of designing anything new opens a flood gate
of unsolicited suggestions? Perhaps "spy photos" would wrench that gate open
even further and that is what's being avoided?

I trust in the designs that Grant and Co. come up with because they do what
they say they will. Got a new bar coming out? Sweet...I'll bet it rocks for
it's application 'specially being made by Nitto. But until it's done and
done it's of no concern to me. Need to charge $20 more for it to be good for
the business? Cool, that's reality, but hopefully not some excited customers
cross to bear. All I know is there are moustache, noodle, and albatross bars
on the bikes in my garage.