A "plus" to the current bike-review format in BQ is that I have some
sense of the preferences and standards of the current reviewers (Jan
and a few sidekicks to write the "second view" part of the review).
If BQ were opened up to reviews from "guest-reviewers" then it would
be harder to know how to interpret those reviews.  Even a "weak" issue
of BQ is better than the typical issue of Bicycling Magazine (hmm, is
it a coincidence that the initials are BM?) with its typical series of
articles on How to Train for a Century, How to Lose Another Five
Pounds, Adventures of Someone Who Doesn't Ride a Bike Very Much, and
Reviews of Another Five Carbon Fiber Wonderbikes and the Latest N-
Speed Drivetrain.

Nick