A quick comment to say the 66cm Quickbeam arrived, and I've been tending to
its bits and quirks. New tires (Jack Browns), new wheels (Dyad Velocity,
built by Rich Lesnick), and my pedals and seat, plus a 16t cog on the
rear... and I took it for a spin today, mt first time on a fixed-gear bike.

Oh, it rides like a dream! Perfect fit (I have a 94cm PBH), and holy-moly,
I can't coast! Have to pedal through turns, yow! I'll keep at it, seems fun
and just a bit scary right now. Everyone who walks by while I'm working on
it falls in love with the colour (Quickbeam Orange).

Still to come, moustache bars w/ non-aero levers, and I'll upgrade at least
the brake saddle to a nice Tektro "Deluxe" yoke. I put in a new plastic BB
left cup, which promptly cracked, so now I'll see if the "Problem Solvers"
aluminium left cup holds up. I'll have a Noodle cockpit for sale soon, and
the Mavic wheels that it was originally sold with. The previous owner could
not have put more than 100 miles on the bike, judging by the tires,
chainrings, brake pads, etc.

And kudos to the crew at Rivendell for working with me on new parts for
this.

- Andrew, Berkeley