I'm going to watch mine for a few weeks, and see if any slop or play
develops. It is tight (torqued) on the right side, and the left side,
though cracked) is serving to hold the spindle centered in the BB. I'll put
some out of the saddle stomping on it, and see how it fares.

It just seems a terrible choice by Shimano to use a material that is so
weak in an area that takes such high stress.

- Andrew, Berkeley