And to make it Riv-specific, here's the CX70 on a Legolas:
http://tinyurl.com/3veblmp

From: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
[mailto:rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Speare
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:21 PM
To: 'rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com'
Subject: RE: [RBW] Shimano CX70 cantilever?

I've not set up the R550's but I've ridden them and they're the brake that made
me buy the CX70, which ahs a similar fixed straddle cable set up and geometry.

W/out looking/comparing the two, I'd guess the 70's are shimano'd - nicer
finish, and slightly lighter - than the 550's, but it's possible they could be
a different geo.

If you like brakes where you squeeze the lever all the way through to modulate,
then you'll dig these brakes (both 550 and 70's). Set up properly, the levers
don't bottom out, but you get a full handful of braking to skid.

If you like more of the v-brake feel, where you're instantly grabbing/stopping
when you grab the brake, then you may not like them as much.