In my experience with lots and lots of dirt and gravel the only thing
Hetres are not good at is when the dirt here turns to muddy clay after
rain--thy thn slip on steep uphills.  They're really just amazing
tires.  Extremely tough and versatile.  I've never had a flat on rough
roads.  I'd recommend poking around the archives of the 650b google
group where there's frequent discussion of such things.

Best wishes,

Christian