I rode my AHH in the November Populaire 100k today with the Seattle
Randonneurs.  This was my longest ride yet, and probably one of the coldest
with most of the ride in the 20's and 30's.  I had two wool shirts and a
light windbreaker vest which kept me plenty warm.  The only cold spots were
my feetsies.  I met at least one other lister there, Stuart, who was also
on his first rando ride.  It was a great day to be out, and the folks I
rode with were all top notch friendly people.  The bike worked well.  I had
it a bit over-racked in the front with the Platrack and just a lil 'ol
Acorn Rando bag.  I also had a M/L Acorn saddle bag where I had an extra
wool jersey and socks stashed in with my tools.  I definitely could have
fit everything I brought into one bag, however.  The ride was uneventful
with no flats or wipeouts that I saw.  One guy in a Ferrari having a good
time on the open Sunday roads, but that's about it for drama.  I ended up
not eating any of the food I brought :)  Just cookies at the controls.  I
have a feeling it would change if I was doing a 200k + ride, however.   I'm
looking forward to trying one of those in the next few months.  Highly
recommended!

Good experience overall, and I have been wanting to try this based on all
the great ride reports on this list.  Last night, I was pouring over the
"what to pack" threads, and found the advice very helpful.

A few photos I managed to snap from the day's activity:

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjwQKz2B

Brian
Seattle, WA