From: Steve Palincsar <palin...@his.com>
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: Non-Brifter Brifter (from Blug Post)
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Date: Monday, November 28, 2011, 10:04 PM

On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 17:58 -0800, James Warren wrote:
> Not for the front shifting if you want to do a triple and design your own
> gear ratios. Limitations arise from the indexed positions of the front and
> limited ability to trim.

Not to mention the fact that different derailleurs have different cable
pull requirements, so it's unlikely that you could, for example,
successfully index a Campagnolo front derailleur with a Shimano brifter,
or a Shimano MTB front derailleur (oh so useful for those 22/32/44
microdrive cranks) with a Shimano brifter.