This is indeed one of those things about storing data on a website; it
is so much more ephemeral than having a paper copy - and can be gone
or changed at a keystroke.

I applaud however much Rivendell can use their site as an archive for
those of us who want to revisit 'obsolete' information, but I also
realize there is a limit to how much a business can also be a library.
To me, Jim's website is an important resource, and I also download
info like geometry charts before they get updated.

Is anyone storing the blug for posterity? I have a full library of the
Riv Reader, but the blug has in many ways become the Riv Reader, and
could be gone with a crash, virus, or keystroke. I've read that
because early celluloid filmstock was unstable, something like 3/4 of
early Hollywood films no longer exist, and just like people who want
to revisit the films of Tom Mix, my life will be lessened a bit if
that happens with Rivendell's history.

Come to think of it, weren't many of the existing copies of the
'92-'94 Bridgestone catalogs saved from a dumpster by someone who
occasionally reads this forum?