I had a string of tubes failing at the valve stem. I think it was
caused by the tube creeping when the tire pressure was too low.
Sometimes it was a hole, sometimes it was more like the valve attachem
started peeling up. Hard to patch a tube that close to the valve stem.

Do you see your valve stems cocked over at an angle? That's what I was
seeing on my mountain bike. I started being more careful about proper
inflation, and started using the dork nuts instead of keeping them for
M6 spacers. I haven't had that problem since.

 Philip
Philip Williamson
www.biketinker.com