This sounds like a bad idea.  These frames were designed to optimize the
ride with tires in the 28-30 range with fenders.  These are great riding
road bikes, with these size tires.   Yes they can be trail bikes and can
handle bigger tires for those applications but not with fenders, and not
optimally.  Back when the Rambouillet was the RBW  road offering the major
alternative was the  Atlantis and if you wanted a trail or touring bike
that's what you were encouraged to buy.  Rather than getting into swapping
forks and brakes it would be wiser to get a used frame, or new SOMA or
Surly and set it up as a trail bike.

I have a Ram and always ride it with 26-30 mm tires & Al fenders, no racks.
   I also have an Ebisu All Purpose which is quite similar to the AHH.  I
ride it with 33-38 mm tires, steel fenders and racks;  but I have proven to
myself that set up the same way, it rides much like the Ram.  Having wider
road tires is nice for dirt & rough roads but the difference is not worth
mucking up something that is virtually perfect for what it was designed to
be.

IMHO

michael